Welcome!

This is my first adventure in the wonderful world of blogging! If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to let me know. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wicked Project Final

The problem I found in my classroom was that students found it difficult to listen to my lectures, take notes, look at visuals and comprehend the pertinent material all at the same time
The solution I explored was to use Google Docs as an online forum for students to take notes AFTER my in class lecture by listening and watching the lecture I gave in class.
TC-Using Google Docs as the technology for online note taking will go hand in hand with the pedagogy of expecting students to listen to lectures, take notes and look at visuals simultaneously.  Students who need a longer amount of time to process information can take notes at their own pace, using the stop and start feature of my online lectures. This will ensure they have the time to write down every piece of information they think is important in my lecture. This will also allow visual learners the opportunity to look closely at the visual examples provided during my lectures, and not simply focus on taking notes.

TC- Using Google Docs is a great technology for students to learn how to deduct information from a lecture. By providing inductive reasoning in my lectures, students have the opportunity to use deductive reasoning and apply what they heard in class and take notes AFTER the lecture. This allows students to learn how to reflect and infer what they think the most important ideas and concepts were in the lecture. By using Google Docs, students can they share their notes with classmates and reflect and learn from each other by collaborating on content notes. Also having access to the revision history of documents through Google docs, allows the teacher to see how students share information.
The sharing and collaborating feature of Google Docs is the feature of this technology that makes my content in my class more accessible. Students are allowed to share notes, compare notes, and collaborate on content outside of the classroom. Google Docs also gives students who are absent or not in school the chance to read other peers notes and watch and take notes on the content missed. This can be crucial for High School students because they tend to miss classes often.

 PC- The Pedagogy used for content knowledge in my solution is using inductive and deductive strategies through Google Docs. This way a student will be able to learn and grow to be expert note takers. They will be able to visualize the content inductively, and also deductively. This will build note taking skills by learning how to extract pertinent information from lectures.


No comments:

Post a Comment